Google has lauched a new service: a new public DNS resolver.
The Google Public DNS IP addresses are as follows:
This will make you web pages to load faster, which is a very good news for these days of highly structured HTML web pages full of multimedia contents and any kind of flash widget.
I”m testing it and it seems that it really brings some improvements and speed to the browsing.
In my humble opinion this is very useful for google wave that is still very heavy and slow..
Here is an extract of the google code blog post announcing this service
- Speed: Resolver-side cache misses are one of the primary contributors to sluggish DNS responses. Clever caching techniques can help increase the speed of these responses. Google Public DNS implements prefetching: before the TTL on a record expires, we refresh the record continuously, asychronously and independently of user requests for a large number of popular domains. This allows Google Public DNS to serve many DNS requests in the round trip time it takes a packet to travel to our servers and back.
- Security: DNS is vulnerable to spoofing attacks that can poison the cache of a nameserver and can route all its users to a malicious website. Until new protocols like DNSSEC get widely adopted, resolvers need to take additional measures to keep their caches secure. Google Public DNS makes it more difficult for attackers to spoof valid responses by randomizing the case of query names and including additional data in its DNS messages.
- Validity: Google Public DNS complies with the DNS standards and gives the user the exact response his or her computer expects without performing any blocking, filtering, or redirection that may hamper a user’s browsing experience.
And here there’s a nice guide to setup your system in order to gain the advantages offered by this service.
Apple have update a lot of thing today..
If you go on the apple store you could find:
- a new redisigned iMac
- now with 16:9 displays in two different sizes 21.5 and 27 inch with IPS panel
- the top of the range has also a quad core i5 intel processor
- a more powerful Mac Mini
- 2,53GHz:320GB or 2,26GHz:160GB
- a server edition with no optical drive but dual 500GB HD 2.53GHz
- a new policarbonate Macbook
- unibody design
- integrated 7 hours Battery
- led display
- magic mouse
- so cool
- multitouch interface
- a new Remote that few have noticed
- aluminium body
All the global stores are down since few minutes..
What should we expect?
Seems that apple is taking the multi touch interface very seriously..
They’ve done another patent in which they extend the interface to the whole hand.. Probably we’ll see it in the next future with the very rumored tablet and why not in a “microsoft surface” like device.