Analysis: Twitter reaction to Steve Job’s death
I was wondering how the death of the poor Steve Jobs has influenced social medias, in this particular case twitter.
With a short search on tredistic I’ve noticed that the messages with the word “Steve” reached the 17.6% of the tweets at 2AM GMT+2, and slowly fading down, with another lower peak of 8,5% of “twitter share” around 9AM when Europe was waking up.
What’s also interesting is that before the sad announce, the conversations about Steve Jobs and his health status was around zero and then they did an exponential growth. Now, a day later his death, the buzz is slowly going back to zero again as a sign that most people was talking about that because they felt obliged to follow the trend of speaking and honor that awesome person.
As you can see in the chart below, even the conversation about Apple did not reach such a level of conversation during the keynote presenting the iPhone 4s, and did a big leap on the wave of Steve’s death.
About Stefano GiudiciInternational Business student, interested in social media management, marketing, innovation and finance. Love photography, motors, design. Mac user and geek.
- Happy New Year! :) 3 weeks ago
- InstagrAmsterdam crop sucks instagram.com/p/BcrNVPcFj-q/ https://t.co/AgFuI5pCLE 1 month ago
- Crippled Mirror 💎 instagram.com/p/BcK-vOvF1lq/ https://t.co/b7WxwNt9u9 1 month ago
- 🦁 instagram.com/p/BcId-xiF2kk/ https://t.co/yost2O7uvE 1 month ago
- RT @FOXSportsSouth: 🚨🚨🚨🚨🚨 SQUIRREL TOUCHDOWN REPEAT: SQUIRREL TOUCHDOWN 🚨🚨🚨🚨🚨 https://t.co/IHFJdqEP6b 4 months ago
- RT @officialmcafee: Fuck Yellen. Fuck the Fed. The new world order is coming and I am coming with it. 4 months ago