What is Credit Rating: meaning and why it’s so important
Rating (def.) is a synthetic evalutation made by an external independent subject, on the ability and will of a borrower, to face the payment of the capital and interests, related to an emission of debt securities, placed or to be placed, as stated in the contractual obligation.
To be more simple it consists of an alphanumerical symbol that can be easily understood and interpreted by anyone, and it’s useful because with just a letter or a number you can compare different emission with ease.
But probably you are wondering why rating and rating agencies wear such an important role in markets, and why their decision can influence investors so much.
That’s simple.. Rating is a very important cognitive element in determination of the interest rate payed by the borrower. The interest rate is in fact composed by 2 elements:
- the benchmark (fixed): that is the distinctive rate for securities with the same duration and structure, and express the needs of units in deficit (borrowers).
- spread (variable): that express the needs of units in surplus (investors), and changes based on the perception of risk of the issuer.
Tags: business, credit rating, Credit rating agency, importance of rating, Investing, investment grade, Investor, Moody, rating agencies, rating credit, rating definition, speculative grade, Standard & Poor, why rating important
About Stefano GiudiciInternational Business student, interested in social media management, marketing, innovation and finance. Love photography, motors, design. Mac user and geek.
- RT @FOXSportsSouth: 🚨🚨🚨🚨🚨 SQUIRREL TOUCHDOWN REPEAT: SQUIRREL TOUCHDOWN 🚨🚨🚨🚨🚨 https://t.co/IHFJdqEP6b 1 month ago
- RT @officialmcafee: Fuck Yellen. Fuck the Fed. The new world order is coming and I am coming with it. 1 month ago
- RT @rsa: I hereby propose we all put secret messages behind the iPhone X notch that get revealed in screenshots. 1 month ago
- “Dive into the details of iOS 11: Is Apple still detail-oriented?” by @oueryan hackernoon.com/dive-into-the-… 1 month ago
- Louts flower #singapore instagram.com/p/BZGnOBNFOAg/ https://t.co/TRmQy0i895 2 months ago
- RT @drbarnard: The entire home screen of the original iPhone (320x480 pixels) is about the size of 2 icons on the iPhone X home screen (112… 2 months ago