It’s since yesterday that google.com is testing a new home page with a more modern look than the actual old school one, and even a new result page.
This one is very similar to the result page you can find on bing.. with a new column on the left for applying filters to your searchs.
It seems that google it’s beginning to feel the competition from bing, and they are trying to take some ideas from their rival.
Here are some screens..
It’s with this article on their blog that the crew of the most famous tracker in the world announced that their torrent tracking service will no longer be available to the masses..
It’s probably the end of an era.. but as sad by the crew: “It’s the end of an era, but the era is no longer up2date. We have put a server in a museum already, and now the tracking can be put there as well.”
They decided to move to a more reliable standard based on a system of handling tracking (DHT+PEX) and distributions of torrent files (Magnet Links) which is less vulnerable to downtime and outages.
The title explain everything.. lol XD
Finally, after at least 10years of huge pain, I can see my favourite screen saver of all times again..
I’m so happy! ♥ Really, You cannot image how much I loved this screen saver when I was a child..
I used to spend hours and hours just to look at the adventures of Johnny on the screen of my beloved 486
Thanks to VMware Fusion and to metalcolicfreak (who gave me win 3.1) for giving me the chance to relive this awesome experience.. XD
I’m writing this post, to make you know about Ubuntu One, an interesting feature developed by Canonical Ltd (The private company that stays behind The Ubuntu Project). Ubuntu One was born during 2009, and at this moment is in Beta release. By the way, it is free for a standard use, or if you need more you can pay 10$ a month.
So that… You can use Ubuntu One to back up, store, sync and share your data with other Ubuntu One user.
To became an Ubuntu One user, you need to subscibe an account to Launchpad. When you have done this step, you can access to Ubuntu One, and choose your personal account, and it could be:
- Free: 2 GB of private space on Canonical’s Servers.
- Advanced: up to 50 GB of private space on Canonical’s Servers (at the cheap price of 10$ a month).
Now you are in… You can use it directly from your internet browser, or from the Ubuntu One Client Application (only for Ubuntu 9.04 or higher).
Ubuntu Client Application is already included into Ubuntu Karmic Koala 9.10, but you can install on your Ubuntu Jaunty Jackalope 9.04 following these steps:
- Update your system… go to System » Administration » Update Manager and click Install Updates.
- Add Ubuntu One PPA (Personal Package Archive) by clicking here.
- Install Client Install the Ubuntu One client from the PPA by clicking here (If you are not using a Firefox Browser, you can install the client by going to System » Administration » Synaptic Package Manager and searching for ubuntuone-client-gnome).
- Start Client Now that you have the software installed, you’ll need to authorize it. On your computer, click on Applications » Internet » Ubuntu One to start the process.
- Add Your Computer The final step is adding your computer to your Ubuntu One account. A web page will launch after clicking Ubuntu One in the previous step. Simply click on ‘Add this Computer’. Because this is your computer, it’s necessary for you to explicitly allow the software to access your Ubuntu One account.
- Start Using Ubuntu One You should now see a Ubuntu One icon in your panel. This is typically at the top of your Ubuntu desktop. Right clicking on that icon will give you a few different options including the ability to go to our web interface for managing files.. Congratulations! Now you can copy or upload files to get them into Ubuntu One.
With Ubuntu One, you can do a lot of things:
- Share your files with friends, mates, co-workers and so on…
- Update your notes, and read them from everywhere…
- Update and read your Contacts, and access to them from everywhere…
- Back Up your files, and get them from another Ubuntu PC…
What are you waiting for?!? Open your Ubuntu One Account now…
Today, 5 November 2009 The History has been made. The New York Yankees take the Trophy back Home, for the 27th time in History of Major League Baseball.
After 9 long years of hard defeats (All we Yankees’ fan can’t forget the 2004 Game 7, the game that put the ‘End’ word to “The Course of The Baby, Babe Ruth”)… These were hard years, for people like Alex Rodriguez, the most payed player in the league that however never completes the task… It until last night… Now Alex gets the title…
All we fan must say thanks to Johnny Damon, ex-Red Sox (in the 2004 he ended the above quoted Course Of The Baby…), Damon becomes magic in Game 4, when he stole 2 base (first time in World Series History) and delivered the most important victory in the series for the Yankees..
Derek Jeter now, is permanently in the Yakees’ Elite, I think he was the MVP until Hideki stole the show in Game 6… 🙂 So that, Thank you Derek for your talent, your decision, and your professionalism.
But after Game 6, all the spot lights are only for Hideki Matsui, 35 years old Japan Player, scores 6 RBI (tying the record for a World Series Game), with an Home Run, a Single, and a Double (he was nearly to get a Cycle with a Triple…), so that he get the MVP Tropy for the first time in his carrer. His contract with Yankees is next to expiry, and this Game 6 could be his last game… But we hope that Steinbrenner renew that for at least 2 years.
is almost done..
images by Joi.
This is it, the last will of The King Of Pop. I think this documentary is a must see not only for the fans all over the world, but also for those people that denigrate Michael and talk nonsense about him.
My mind goes to the Italian News Agency for example… During all the summer they have misinformed the italian people about the real MJ’s situation. They talked about voice and physical problems maked MJ go crazy during the performance… But this isn’t the reality… This is It finally chase away all the shadows about these fucking lies…
In the documentary you can see MJ sing all his beautiful song with all the guys, and direct all the details, also the smallest… the voice and the mind was ok… But in my opinion the real MJ’s problem was the Stress for the first night at the O2 Arena…
By The Way…
This is it… A MUST SEE…